Thursday, September 8, 2022

CA1 Self Introduction

 Dear Professor Brad,

 

My name is Kaisan Harith. I am writing to introduce myself as a student in your communication class. Currently, I am a Year 1 mechanical engineering student whom had graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a diploma in aeronautical engineering. Evidently, my interest in pursuing the course of engineering derives from the exposure of my family members working in different sectors of the engineering industry.

 

With my prior experiences gained from working with various groups of people, my strength in communication would be the ability to interact with a variety of people on a professional level. I had to interact with clients of various backgrounds and senior management such as a colonel in the airforce.  This opportunity gave me first-hand experience of the importance of effective communication and a sense of professionalism as my team and I presented our virtual reality project to improve the effectiveness of airforce's drivers.

 

However, the inability to filter and weigh the appropriate information is my biggest setback in my communication skills. I would face problems such as not being able to express my thoughts into words on a report which often results in leaving out crucial information of the research. I would have the tendency to include all information even though certain information are redundant for the report as to not miss out on any crucial information that is required for the report. 

 

Nevertheless my goals for this module are being able to filter the significant and relevant information required to be in a report and be a critical thinker. The learning objectives of this module will prepare me to be well equipped with techniques and concepts of report writing and effective communication.

 

In summary, my willingness to learn and unlearn the bad norms that I may have developed through my experiences is what differentiates myself and the other students. I look forward to learning more about effective communication and critical thinking from you in the coming classes.

 

 

Best regards,

 

Kaisan Harith


Edited on : 22 September 2022

Blogs I have read and commented : Nazran

9 comments:

  1. I have to say you kept your descriptive letter short and simple and i appreciate the content as it is easy to understand and enjoyable to read. Clear and concise description. I hope you enjoy your learning journey through this course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nazran,

      Thank you for your comment on the post. Hope to get to know you better during the course.

      Best regards,
      Kaisan

      Delete
  2. Hi Kaisan! I really enjoyed reading your introduction. I can definitely relate to you on having problems with expressing my thoughts into words in a report. It is something I am also working on. Your introduction is really well written and also nicely structured. It makes it very easy to digest the content. Best wishes in your journey through this course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zahier,

      Appreciate you taking your time to read and leave a comment on the post. Hope to get to know you better during the course.

      Best regards,
      Kaisan

      Delete
  3. Your letter's content is brief and straightforward, making it easy to understand and enjoyable to read. I look forward to seeing more of your writing and hope you enjoy your learning experience on this course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andy,

      Thank you for the compliments. Hope to get to know you better during the course.

      Best regards,
      Kaisan

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kaisan,

    Thank you for this clear, concise and fairly well substantiated letter. The content is well aligned with the assignment brief, you employ appropriate organization and the language use is good. You've done fairly well providing supporting information for each specific content area, which allows us readers to gain a basic understanding of who you are.

    From the discussion of the work experience you allude to, for example, it's possible to see that you held important posts and thus have potential for demonstrating and further developing leadership in our module. Still, I would have like to have known more about the actual jobs you held, the scope of those and what you did.

    In terms of challenges, it's clear you intend to work on your critical thinking and writing skills. As writing is one of your goals, please allow me to point out a few language issues:
    1. overuse of capitalization
    -- I look forward to learning more about Effective Communication and Critical Thinking from you....
    -- ...I am a Year 1 Mechanical Engineering student ....
    -- ...such as a Colonel in the Airforce....
    2. sentence structure
    -- My name is Kaisan Harith, I am writing to introduce myself as a student in your communication class. > (comma splice) ?

    I look forward to working with you further this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Prof Brad,

      Thank you for spending your time to read my post and appreciate the comments. Hope to be able to learn more from you in your class.

      Best regards,
      Kaisan

      Delete

Critical Reflection

At the beginning of this module, I set myself some goals which are being able to filter the significant and relevant information for reports...